Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe Chinese Style
My husband and I love Chinese take out, but we don’t love all the calories that come with it. This Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken tastes good enough to come from a restaurant but you don’t even have to leave the house to get it!
Delicious Chinese Takeout - Sweet and Sour Chicken - made right at home!
20 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Place cornstarch and beaten eggs in separate bowls. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned.
- Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, ketchup, vinegars, soy sauce and garlic salt. Pour over chicken and bake for one hour.
Cuisine: Chinese | Recipe Type: Main Dish
Six Sisters Stuff
Share this article
what can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork? | Yahoo Answers
What can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork?