Crab meat Soup Chinese Recipes
This egg drop soup is commonly prepared for special occasions and is especially popular during Chinese New Year. For those who still consume shark fin (please don’t though), this is where shark fins are added to make shark fin soup. When my Grandma was still around, she would add a whole shot of X.O. cognac in the finished soup instead of Shaoxing, so if you have a bottle around and have no idea when you are going to finish it, give it a try.
Crab, Corn, and Asparagus Egg Drop Soup
Author: Daily Cooking Quest
Recipe type: Soup
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 500 gram crab meat
- 500 gram asparagus, chop into ½ inch pieces
- 500 gram whole corn kernel
- 4 tablespoon corn starch + 5 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoon Shaoxing (or 1 shot of X.O. cognac)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Accompaniments and garnish
- chopped scallions
- black vinegar (optional)
- Boil together chicken stock, ginger, crab meat, asparagus, and corn. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Return to a boil, add corn starch solution to thicken the soup, and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add Shaoxing, sesame oil, salt, and ground pepper. Mix well and adjust the amount of salt as needed.
Share this article
what can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork? | Yahoo Answers
What can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork?