Chinese Vegetable Fried rice recipe Easy
I had my entire family over for chinese night. It was a lot of work, but I wanted them to experience my famous chicken. They absolutely loved it and agreed that it tasted straight from a restaurant. I always serve this amazing fried rice with all of my chinese dishes. It is easy and goes perfectly as a side. I have always loved fried rice. I could probably eat an entire bowl. The great thing about this recipe is that you can add whatever you would like! I have added bacon, chicken, and ham. It is the perfect fried rice base and they say the secret ingredient to get the authentic chinese taste is sesame oil. Whatever it may be it is fantastic!
Easy Fried Rice
An easy and delicious fried rice that will go perfectly to any chinese dish!
- 3 cups cooked rice *
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 2-3 Tablespoons soy sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. Add white onion and peas and carrots and fry until tender.
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
- Add the rice to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined. Add chopped green onions if desired.