Chinese restaurant Chicken Fried rice recipe
Fried Rice is the ultimate East Asian comfort food.
The chinese bought fried rice to India, thankfully so and it was adapted to the suit the South Asian palate. Thus was born this tasty rice dish. This particular ‘Indo Chicken Fried Rice’ is hugely popular in the Indian subcontinent. It is also sought after world wide and recognized as fusion cuisine. Make this excellent Indo Chinese Chicken Fried Rice Restaurant Style at home.
Indo Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
You are here: Home > Rice Dishes > Indo Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
Recipe Type: Main / Rice
Author: Recipes ‘R’ Simple
Prep time: 30
Cook time: 15
Total time: 45
- 2 Large Boneless chicken breasts cut into strips (That’s the beast of one chicken)
- 4 eggs
- Two cups basmati, cooked to make 4 cups (it must be cooled)
- 5 spring onion and shoots to garnish
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tsp light soy sauce
- ½ cup finely sliced french beans
- ¼ cup carrots, diced small
- ½ large green capsicum, cut into strips, same length as chicken
- Toss the chicken strips, in a bowl with sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper (a good amount of pepper is recommended)
- Steam the beans and carrot together till tender. (Steam, do not boil)→ Set aside.
- In a large cast iron wok, heat and swirl 3 Tbsp of oil all around.
- When smoking hot, add the onion and garlic and toss for 5 seconds only.
- Quickly add the chicken and stir-fry well, till nice and golden. This will take 2 – 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add a tbsp of oil to the wok, if required and heat till smoking again.
- Add the eggs and allow to set for 5 seconds. Then scramble well, scraping from the bottom of your wok as you do so and frying without burning. Fry till just golden. (do not over fry the eggs.)
- Add the rice to the eggs in the wok and toss all together on HIGH heat – till all the rice has a nice glaze to it.
- Add soy sauce to season.
- Add the fresh capsicum and cabbage and toss again, scooping from the bottom of the wok each time. Add soy sauce to taste.
- At this point add the steamed vegetables( beans and carrot) as well as the stir-fried chicken to the wok.
- Toss along with the rice, to combine all ingredients well, remove
- Season with pepper on top and garnish with spring onion shoots.
- The rice should be cooled well and fluffed up with a fork or else when we fry the grains will stick together and be lumpy.
- Day old refrigerated rice is great for fried rice.
- The steamed vegetables should not contain any liquid.
- Steam vegetables over boiling water or in the microwave- do not boil.
- The chicken should be patted dry before pouring over the marinade.
- If your soy sauce is the less salty variety, compensate with some salt . Do not add more soy sauce.
Key Ingredients: Rice, Chicken, Beans, Carrot, Capsicum, Eggs, Spring Onion, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Oil
Let us know if you tried it – Indo Chinese Chicken Fried Rice . Comments from you provide motivation to keep up the driving force behind this blog, bringing you more delicious and perfected recipes regularly. Please do leave a comment. We love to hear from you.