Chinese Fried rice Indian recipe
Schezwan fried rice is one of the popular Indo-Chinese recipes. It is very easy to make. This is not the authentic kind of Chinese fried rice. This is the Indian version of fried rice. So it is fairly hot.
Basically schezwan pepper is used to make this rice spicy. But it is not available easily. So I have used dried red chili. And of course garlic is must in indo-chinese food.
Cuisine – Indo-Chinese Recipe category – Main dish Skill level – Easy/Beginner
- Oil – 1 ½ tablespoons
- Celery – 2 teaspoons, chopped finely, optional
- Cabbage – ⅓ cup, shredded
- Carrot – ⅓ cup, sliced
- Green pepper (Capsicum) – ⅓ cup
- Salt – to taste **Notes
- Vegetables – you can use your choice of veggies like add colored bell pepper, baby corns, beans, bean sprouts. Add as per your liking taste.
- Heat the oil in a pan on high heat. Once hot add celery, cabbage, carrot and capsicum. Sauté for 2-3 minutes in high heat. Because veggie should be crunchy not steamed.
- And serve hot.
NotesTaste – Spicy
Shelf life – once cools completely, it can be kept in refrigerator up to 3-4 days in air tight container.
Serving suggestions – Serve as it is or with veg Manchurian or paneer Manchurian or gobi Manchurian or paneer chilli gravy.