Recipes for Chinese Food Made easy
As a Chinese, born and raised in Southern China, I have to declare that there is no good Chinese food sold in Tartu. However, it is still possible to make some tasty Chinese food based on simple ingredients that you can easily find in Rimi or Maxima. Here, I am going to introduce three personal recipes and give useful tips for buying the right ingredients only on ISA blog.
TIPS: Soy sauce. This is the only acceptable soy sauce. Sold in the Hyper Rimi.
Rice vinegar. I recommend this one.
Cola chicken wings
What you need: Chicken wings. A can of coca cola(said better than Pepsi). Soy sauce.
- get a pan, put wings on it (without oil), flip a bit, cook till they change color
- pour one spoon of soy sauce, flip a bit
- pour cola till wings are submerged
- keep cooking until sauce turns sticky
- mix a bit and done!
Sweet and sour pork ribs
What you need: Pork ribs. White wine. Soy sauce. Rice vinegar. Salt. Sugar. Ginger.
- chop ribs into smaller pieces, ginger into slice
- put little bit of oil into a pan
- put ginger slices (8 is enough)
- put ribs in and cook till they change color
- now put in order these seasonings: one spoon of white wine, two spoons of soy sauce, three spoons of rice vinegar, and four spoons of sugar
- mix them and pour hot water till ribs are submerged
- put lid on and cook for 25 minutes
- now you can see bright red sauce, then put little bit of salt
- Bob’s your uncle!
What you need: Rice flour, sugar.
- get a bowl, pour some flour in
- add little bit of water several times (don’t do it in one time)
- blend them until you get a soft dough.
- boil water in a pot
- divide rice dough into small balls
- boil rice balls in the hot water when they are floating.
- enjoy them with sugar or jam if you like!