Chinese Braised pork leg recipe
One pork leg about 1.4kg, cut to big chunk – wash, remove hair and cook in boiling water for 10 mins.
1/2 tsp Five spice powder
1/2 tsp Pepper
5 tbsp Light soy sauce
5 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Sesame oil
1 tbsp Cooking wine
After boiling the pork leg for 10 mins, wash and drain. Mix with the seasoning for least 4 hours or overnight.
20 Garlic – remove skin and wash
1/2 tbsp Shallot – chopped
2 Star anise, 2 Cloves, 1 Cinnamon stick
3 Slices ginger
4 Dried chillies (remove seed and wash)
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Chicken powder (with no MSG added)
1 tsp Salt
- Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in wok and add 2 tbsp sugar, cook till sugar dissolved.
- Add chopped shallot, fry till golden brown follow by garlic, star anise, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger and dried chillies, fry till aromatic.
- Add in marinated pork legs, fry well and pour in 800ml water and bring to boil.
- Add 2 tsp – chicken powder (with no MSG added) and 1 tsp salt.
- Switch to low fire and simmer till pork leg soften. (about 1 hour)