June 5, 2021
Veg noodles recipe Chinese
This is the first time I tried green chilli sauce and should admit it gives a amazing flavour to the noodles. It is very satisfying for breakfast/dinner and with the addition of veggies completely filling too. This is better as we precook the noodles and wash it which removes the wax coating in it.
Preparation Time : 10 mins | Cooking Time : 20 mins | Serves : 2
Recipe Category: Main | Recipe Cuisine: Chinese
Onion - 2 tbsp chopped finely (optional)
Garlic - 2 tsp chopped finely
Carrot - 1 medium sized (chopped lengthwise)
Capsicum - 1/2 medium sized (chopped lengthwise)
Cabbage - 1/2 cup chopped lengthwise
Spring Onion - 3 tbsp (chopped finely includes both green and white part)
Vinegar - 1/2 tsp
Soya Sauce - 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli Sauce - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1.5 tsp
Salt - to taste
Olive Oil - 1.5 tbsp + 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan - add onion, garlic and spring onion and fry until slightly browned. Then add the carrot, cabbage then saute for a minute in medium high flame till it slightly shrinsk in volume.Then lower the flame and saute till it shrinks further and raw smell of veggies leave.
- Always fry the veggies in high flame which gives a smoky flavour as in restaurants. Dont try to reduce oil then the veggies will get burnt when sauted in high flame. Capsicum takes less time to cook so I added it seperately later after cooking the other veggies.
- You can also toss the veggies by adding little more oil. Take care not to burn the veggies, keep stirring to avoid this.
- Adding oil while cooking the noodles helps to avoid stickiness.
- Though the chinese version uses white onion, I used the normal ones. But if you have white onions then that is best to use.
- I used Chings brand for soya and chilli sauce and I very much recommend it.
- I used olive oil but you can use normal cooking oil too.Also adding more soya sauce will spoil the taste and give a dull color to the noodles.
- Ajino motto is added in restaurants - I dont use it in my cooking for health reasons.
- Check the spice level before adding pepper as green chilli sauce is also added.
Technorati Tags: hakka noodles, chinese hakka noodles, restaurant style haka noodles, vegetable hakka noodles, vegetable noodles, vegetable noodles recipe, noodles for kids, noodles recipes, chinese recipes, veg hakka noodles, easy hakka noodles recipe, step by step noodles recipe, how to make veg noodles, prepare veg hakka noodles
Share this article
Fried rice noodles recipe Chinese
April 18, 2021
Authentic Chinese noodles recipe
April 2, 2017
Chinese noodles recipe from Scratch
August 22, 2017