January 11, 2021
Fish fillets Recipes Chinese
Pan fried fish with soy sauce is one of the most classic Chinese recipe to enjoy white fish. You can use any kind of firm white fish, such as red snapper, rock fish, or grouper. Restaurants love to either serve their fish whole or thinly sliced, but I think it is easiest to use a fillet since the cooking process is easier, just cook the fish for 5 minutes each side and you are done. Oh, and please choose a fillet that still has its skin on since the it will turn really crunchy and crispy once cooked, really yummy. ♥
Chinese Pan Fried Fish with Soy Sauce
Author: Daily Cooking Quest
- 250 gram firm white fish fillet, such as red snapper, grouper, rock fish, etc.
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground pepper
- corn starch, to dust the fish
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, cut into small pieces (or roughly minced)
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Pat dry the fish, scatter a pinch of salt and ground pepper on the fish. Dust with corn starch to coat the fish so it won't stick when fried on the pan, set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on high heat and stir fry garlic, ginger, and scallion until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the fish for 5 minutes each side. Only flip the fish once at the end of 5 minutes, otherwise, the fish will stick to the pan. Set the fish on a serving plate.
- Turn the heat to medium and pour the sauce to the pan. Wait until it bubbles a bit, then return the garlic, ginger, and scallion into the sauce. Cook for a minutes. Pour the sauce onto the fish. Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
Share this article
Chinese Style fish fillets Recipes
March 25, 2022
Chicken Recipes Chinese Style
February 21, 2021
Fish fillets recipe Chinese Style
May 6, 2017