Chinese vegetables Stir Fry sauce recipe
There are some recipes that we get really excited about. If you’ve been following us for a while now you might just remember this immense Peanut Butter Salad.
It was one of our very first recipes, and we were very proud. To date, it’s also the only video that Howie, Dave, Kat and even little Josh have all appeared in together. The sauce is absolutely amazing, and we’ve been looking for excuses to use it again ever since.
And we’re very happy to say we’ve found one. It’s this beautiful vegetable stir fry. The veg is up to you really (we’ve highlighted some great choices in the recipe below), but it’s all about the sauce.
As is often the way, the sum is greater than the parts – namely peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger, garlic and maple syrup. An unbelievably tasty combo.
Stir fry the veg, make the sauce, chuck the noodles in water and….. and that’s it actually! Boom! 😀
- Fresh veg is best. If you use frozen to speed things up (like in this recipe) help yourself out by making sure it’s thawed – just leave it out the freezer for a couple of hours or use a microwave.
- An oil with a high smoke point
- Stir fries aren’t usually great reheated. So don’t make more than you can eat 😉
- In a similar vein, stick to two servings max. per pan/wok, otherwise it’ll get too crowded in there.
- If you’ve never made a stir fry before you probably won’t get this done in 25 minutes. The second time you make one, it’ll be a whole different story. You might even be able to pull this one off in 20 minutes with a bit of practice!
Stir-frying is an ancient craft where people tend to get a bit hot under the collar if you don’t follow the rules. The directions below are beginner friendly, so don’t give me heat (ok I’ll stop now), if you think I’m not following the 18th century Chinese wok tradition step by step, ok?
Check out my favourite Asian Chef Jamie Oliver to see how to make a stir fry if you have no clue at all (and then scroll to the comments to see how much hate he gets for his version, lol). Ah, by the way: Jamie uses meat! If you want to see a how-to that only includes veg, click here.
Easy Vegetable Stir Fry with Creamy Peanut Sauce
Recipe type: Vegan
- For the peanut sauce
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (light or dark are both great)
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- For the stir-fry
- 2 tbsp oil (ideally peanut oil. Sunflower oil will do too.)
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 peeled and diced onion
- 2-3 cups of a variety of fresh or frozen vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, etc.)
- 1 big handful of snow peas/sugar snaps
- 6-8 baby corn
- 125 gr noodles (I love glass noodles as they’re really quick to cook and taste great!)
- A handful of peanuts
- 1 stick lemongrass
Share this article
what can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork? | Yahoo Answers
What can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork?