April 28, 2014
Chinese Hot and Sour Soup recipe authentic
- 60 gm pork fillet, shredded
- 1 Tbsp shredded ginger
- ½ carrot, shredded
- 30 gm bamboo shoots, fresh or frozen
- 1 wood ear（木耳）, about 8 gm, soaked until softened
- 3 shiitake mushrooms, soaked until softened
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 block tofu
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- 5 Tbsp black vinegar
- ¼ tsp chilli oil
- white pepper, to taste
- coriander, for garnish
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour / corn starch
- ¼ tsp sugar
- sesame oil, to taste
- 1 Tbsp cornflour / corn starch
- 2 Tbsp water
- Mix the pork with the marinade. Shred all ingredients. Set aside.
- Use a large deep pot to heat oil over medium high heat. Sauté the ginger until aromatic. Add the carrot, bamboo shoots, wood ear and mushrooms. Stir to combine and cook until they start to be softened. Pour chicken stock and water. Bring it to a boil. Add the pork and cook until turned white. Add thickening. Cook to preferred consistency. Add the tofu. When it boils again. Remove from the heat.
- Slowly pour the whisked egg in a small stream while stirring the soup with a pair of chop sticks. You’ll get beautiful egg drop / egg flower in the soup. Season with light soy sauce, and salt if necessary. Add black vinegar and chilli oil. Sprinkle pepper. Remember to taste. Garnish with coriander. Serve immediately.
Share this article
what can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork? | Yahoo Answers
What can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork?
July 13, 2017
October 28, 2020
February 10, 2020