June 16, 2016
Chinese Manchurian Chicken Recipes
Yield / Serves: 3
Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 250 grams boneless chicken (cubes or keema/ mince)
- ½ of 1 egg white (1 egg white for ½ kg chicken)
- ⅛ tsp coarsely crushed pepper
- 1 tsp soya sauce (Prefer naturally brewed)
- 2 pinches of chili powder
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 ½ tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- salt little
- oil as needed
for manchurian sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- ½ tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 medium onion
- 1 ½ tsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp. red chili sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tsp corn flour (3 for gravy)
- 3 tbsp. water to mix with flour
- little salt
- ½ sugar (if red chili sauce has no sugar use ¾)
- ¾ cup capsicum cubed
- few spring onions whites
- few spring onion greens
How to make the recipe
- Mix chicken with soya sauce, salt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder and pepper powder.
- Add egg white and flour. Mix well. Set aside for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil and deep fry balls on a medium flame until golden. Drain to a kitchen towel.
- Stir in the corn flour with 3 tbsp water.
- Transfer the oil to a bowl and retain only half a tbsp. Fry ginger garlic until aromatic. fry onions until transparent.
- Add bell peppers and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sauces, when they begin to bubble, add the corn flour mixture and 1 cup water or stock.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, add the balls, spring onions and toss.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. If the sauce becomes too thick, add very little water and cook.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve as a appetizer.
Share this article
Chinese garlic Chicken Recipes
October 8, 2018
Chinese Pineapple Chicken Recipes
December 31, 2022
Chinese Boiled Chicken Recipes
May 30, 2022