Beef and Green Chinese recipe
I get a hungry guest today. However unfortunately, he arrives after dinner time. Then how to serve him? There are lots of answers crossing my mind, fried rice, chow mein or some basic but also nourishing stir fry dish? And finally I decide to serve him a delicious quick dinner—cooked rice with stir-fried beef with green peppers. We call this as 盖浇饭(meats and vegetables over rice). Surely, there are different types according to the different tops.
Beef is a healthy food popular all over the world. Different from western countries, Chinese people like to slow-cook, red-braised or stir fry.
Following are some recipes with beef as main ingredient I have made before.
Since I match the beef with rice, I want to give it a stronger flavor. I use chili green long peppers that have a spicy taste. Ground green peppers are also ok if the spicy tolerance is limited.
Besides, one red long pepper is imported to match the color. In order to make the final dish more tender, sirloin is the best choice.
Stir-fried Beef with Green Peppers
Quick beef stir fry with green peppers. Only 15 minutes are required.
- 1/2 pound top sirloin, trimmed
- 3 long fresh green chili pepper and one long fresh red chili pepper
- 1/2 scallions, white part thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small piece of ginger, sliced
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- Shred beef and then put in a bowl. Then add cooking wine, cornstarch, salt, sliced ginger and black pepper powder into a bowl. Mix together and put aside for about 10 minutes. This step is to soak the flavor into the beef meat.
- Wash the green peppers and red pepper, remove the seeds then cut into shreds.
- Heat up oil in wok or pan, and then add garlic, ginger and scallions white to stir-fry until smelling the aroma, put beef shreds in. Stir-fry with high fire to soft and darkened color.
- Heat up some oil in wok again, put in pepper shreds to stir-fry until soft. Add cooked beef meat and continue stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add light soy sauce, salt; Mix all the seasoning thoroughly.
- Prepare a plate, layer cooked rice below and cover stir-fried on top.