Chinese Beef Soup Recipes
Cantonese Beef Stew
Cantonese Beef Stew – onion, garlic, carrots, soy sauce, sesame oil
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 small onion, cut into small pieces
2 cloves garlic
250g beef, cut into small cubes
½ cup water
6 mini carrots
2 sticks dry beancurd sticks, soak in warm water for 30 minutes, cut into pieces
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
½ teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
3 dashes white pepper
1. Heat up a claypot with the oil and add the onion and garlic, stir-fry until aromatic.
2. Add the beef into the claypot, followed by the carrot and beancurd sticks.
3. Add the water and all the seasonings, stir to combine well.
4. Cover the claypot, turn the heat to low, simmer and cook until the beef becomes tender.
5. Serve hot with steamed white rice.
Asian Beef Stew
Asian Beef Stew – Chinese stew with beef and vegetables. This slow-cooked beef stew recipe is comforting, delicious and so easy to make!
This Asian beef stew is inspired by the lamb stew that I had a couple of years ago in Hong Kong. Whenever it’s winter time or the weather is cold, lamb stew is a popular dish for the denizens in Hong Kong as lamb is a “heaty” meat and the clay pot stew complement it to give warmth to the body. As I am not a big fan of lamb, I made the stew with beef and the result is equally delectable.
Believe or not, it’s already September and in no time, weather is going to cool down so this Asian beef stew recipe will come in handy if you wish to try it out. The recipe is in metric measurement, to convert, please use the conversion tool.