Pigs feet recipe Chinese
I love pigs feet (also called trotter) whenever I feel that I need to add some collagen to my body. You believe that true?? And what’s one reason. Another one certainly should be the special taste.
Pig feet contains rich collagen but less fat than fat meat, so it can help to enhance the elasticity and toughness of the skin which further help delaying senescence. Sometimes I use pig feet to make natural collagen mask at home.
Pig feet or trotter is commonly used in soup recipes and braised recipes. This recipe is a braised pig feet recipe with five flavor taste: 五香猪蹄.
Five flavor or you may be more familiar with five flavor powder is a taste bought by the spices. Generally five flavors refer to star anise, Sichuan peppercorn, clove, cinnamon and fennel. If you cannot collect those five spices. Then try to use five spicy powders to replace them. Or just combine the spices in your kitchen. Good Luck!
The following two pig feet recipes are made previously, check them if you want more options.
You can cook the trotter in high pressure cooker firstly then start with the braising process if you want to save your time.
- One pig feet cut into sections
- Several pieces of bay leaves
- ½ tablespoon star anise
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorn
- ½ tablespoon ginger sliced
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- One white part of spring onion
- 1 teaspoon of clove
- 1 teaspoon of fennel
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small chunk of cinnamon
- Cut trotter into small sections. Rinse the pig trotter in clean and boiling water. Remove all the hair carefully. Put aside and drain.
- Slice ginger, garlic clove and spring onion.
- Heat up 2 tablespoon of cooking oil in wok. Add sliced ginger, garlic, clove and spring onion in to stir fry for about 1 minute. Add star anise, cinnamon, Sichuan peppercorn, red chili pepper in and continue cook for around 2 minutes or until you can smell the taste.
- Put the rinsed and drained pig trotter in. And some water, light soy sauce and cooking wine and then use medium fire to cook for a longer time around 40 minutes, which can help darken the color.
- Then turn up the fire and use high fire to concentrate the juice.
- Serve and enjoy