June 2, 2018
Stew pork belly Chinese recipe
Braised pork belly recipes – Chinese style (Dong Po Rou)
Braised pork belly - Chinese style
Author: KP Kwan
Recipe type: Main
- 40g of spring onions, cut to 4cm length
- 30g of sliced ginger
- 300ml of water
- 35g of rock sugar
- 5 tablespoons (75g) of premium grade light soy sauce
- 150ml of Shaoxing wine
- Cut the pork into 4cm squares. Heat up the wok, put the pork skin side down to dry fry the skin until it becomes slightly brown. Remove.
- Place the pork in a pot of hot water and blanch for three minutes. Remove.
- Lay the spring onions in a crosshatch pattern at the bottom of a medium sized clay pot to form a thick even layer. The spring onions should cover the entire bottom of the pot. Lay the ginger slices evenly over the spring onion.
- Tie the pork pieces with a kitchen string.
- Arrange the pork pieces skin down on top of the spring onions.
- Add the remaining ingredients in B into the clay pot.
- Bring it to a boil with the lid on. When the liquid in the pot starts to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 90 minutes without stirring it.
- Turn the pork pieces skin-side up in the pot. Cover and simmer for another 90 minutes.
- Transfer the pork pieces to a plate. Remove the strings.
- Drizzle the sauce over the pork. Serve.
Share this article
Recipes for pork belly Chinese Style
March 9, 2018
Chinese pork belly slices recipe
July 16, 2018
Chinese pork belly recipe
October 4, 2020