June 2, 2018
Stew pork belly Chinese recipe
Braised pork belly recipes – Chinese style (Dong Po Rou)
Braised pork belly - Chinese style
Author: KP Kwan
Recipe type: Main
- 40g of spring onions, cut to 4cm length
- 30g of sliced ginger
- 300ml of water
- 35g of rock sugar
- 5 tablespoons (75g) of premium grade light soy sauce
- 150ml of Shaoxing wine
- Cut the pork into 4cm squares. Heat up the wok, put the pork skin side down to dry fry the skin until it becomes slightly brown. Remove.
- Place the pork in a pot of hot water and blanch for three minutes. Remove.
- Lay the spring onions in a crosshatch pattern at the bottom of a medium sized clay pot to form a thick even layer. The spring onions should cover the entire bottom of the pot. Lay the ginger slices evenly over the spring onion.
- Tie the pork pieces with a kitchen string.
- Arrange the pork pieces skin down on top of the spring onions.
- Add the remaining ingredients in B into the clay pot.
- Bring it to a boil with the lid on. When the liquid in the pot starts to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 90 minutes without stirring it.
- Turn the pork pieces skin-side up in the pot. Cover and simmer for another 90 minutes.
- Transfer the pork pieces to a plate. Remove the strings.
- Drizzle the sauce over the pork. Serve.
Share this article
March 9, 2018
July 16, 2018
October 4, 2020