May 30, 2016
Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe Chinese Style
My husband and I love Chinese take out, but we don’t love all the calories that come with it. This Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken tastes good enough to come from a restaurant but you don’t even have to leave the house to get it!
Delicious Chinese Takeout - Sweet and Sour Chicken - made right at home!
20 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Place cornstarch and beaten eggs in separate bowls. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned.
- Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, ketchup, vinegars, soy sauce and garlic salt. Pour over chicken and bake for one hour.
Cuisine: Chinese | Recipe Type: Main Dish
Six Sisters Stuff
Share this article
what can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork? | Yahoo Answers
What can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork?
Sweet and Sour Chicken Origin
April 15, 2016
Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken sauce recipe
May 25, 2017
Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken batter recipe
June 20, 2017