August 5, 2022
Garlic sauce recipe Chinese
Most kids love Chinese take-out and will gladly eat broccoli.
I make this for the “big kid” in my life — my husband. He hates veggies, but he coo-coo for Asian flavors that perk up this crisp tender, nutritional packed veg!
- 1 large bunch fresh broccoli, (about 1 1/3 pound)
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free, low-sodium beef or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola or corn oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- Trim broccoli and cut into florets. Peel stalk with a vegetable peeler and slice thinly. Set aside.In a medium bowl, stir garlic, broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar or sugar substitute, and sesame oil.
- Heat a large skillet over heat high and add the canola or corn oil. When the oil is hot, carefully add the broccoli. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring continuously until the broccoli begins to brown slightly. Reduce the heat to medium and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover and cook 3 to 4 additional minutes until the broccoli begins to soften.
- Lower the heat to medium low. Pour sauce over broccoli, cook 2 to 3 minutes longer until the broccoli is tender-crisp and the sauce thickens. Sprinkle with scallions and almonds if using. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1 cup without almonds): 92 calories, 3 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 4 g fat (0 g saturated), 5 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 192 mg sodium.
Nutritional Stats Per Serving (1 cup with almonds): 117 calories, 4 g protein, 11 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat (0 g saturated), 5 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 206 mg sodium.
Share this article
what can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork? | Yahoo Answers
What can you substitute for hoisin sauce in a recicpe for char siu roast pork?
Chinese Broccoli with garlic sauce recipe
October 12, 2015
Homemade Chinese sauce Recipes
October 15, 2015
Chinese Broccoli garlic sauce Recipes
June 22, 2017