Recipe for Chinese Veggie Fried rice
Here are some tips for perfect veg fried rice;
The rice I am using in this recipe is leftover rice (refrigerated overnight) but not especially made for fried rice. If you plan to make fried rice, it is really important to avoid overcooking and too much water. Before frying, separate the rice.
Besides, I suggest cooking some of the ingredients like carrot cubes and purple cabbage in boiling water for around 1 minute, which can make sure they can be well cooked.
Chinese veg fried rice, seasoned with light soy sauce
- 2 cups leftover rice or steamed rice
- 1/4 cup carrot dice
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup diced purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup Bok Choy (you can use celery to replace it)
- 4 pre-soaked mushrooms, diced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
- Cook carrot and purple cabbage in boiling water for around 1 minute. Transfer out and drain.
- Heat up 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil in wok and then fry mushrooms for around 1 minute. Add leftover rice, carrot and corn. Give a big stir-fry until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Add light soy sauce, salt and then Bok Choy. Fry for around 20-30 seconds until well combined.
- Serve hot better with soups.