July 2, 2017
Chinese Pulled pork recipe
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons ketchup
3 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Step by Step
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Place in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add pork to bag; seal.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place pork and marinade in an electric slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker using a slotted spoon; place on a cutting board or work surface. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm.
- Pour sauce from the slow cooker into a saucepan.
- Whisk broth and cornstarch to create a slurry; add to sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat to thicken.
- Shred pork with 2 forks; serve with sauce.
WW PP 5; Calories 218; Total Fat 4.8g; Saturated Fat 1.5g; Trans Fat 0.0g; Cholesterol 83mg; Sodium 725mg; Carbohydrates 12.2g; Sugars 10.4g; Protein 30.7g
Copyright Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans LLC
- Don’t feel like serving this over rice? Try it on a sweet Hawaiian roll for a twist on a pulled pork sandwich!
Share this article
Chinese BBQ Pork recipe red
May 3, 2016
Chinese Food pork recipe
November 10, 2020
Chinese Sweet pork Recipes
July 31, 2021